Quarter pint plain Sheffield pewter tankard
An Imperial quarter pint heavyweight tankard with a plain polished finish and simple C shaped handle following a simple unadorned design used in Victorian times as an official Customs and Excise marked one Imperial pint measure. Cast and machined by hand in Sheffield by the pewter-smiths of A R Wentworth at the still family run workshops founded in 1949. First produced in the bronze age pewter is an alloy of mostly tin with copper and antinomy (no lead these days!) for hardness. About 6.5cm high and 6cm diameter across the base.